We are so glad you are here on our website! If you are thinking of selling your home, here are a few quick tips to help steer you in the right direction.
If you would like detailed information on the Selling Process and what we can do for you, download our Seller’s Guide by filling out the form down below.
STEP 1: Interview Realtors
Seller’s should always meet with at least two to three realtors before deciding who to hire to sell their home. As the Seller, you want to make sure that whomever you hire will work hard for you. It is essential you ask the right questions during your initial meeting with any Realtor. Here are a few example questions:
- How often will they contact you throughout the process?
- What will his/her role be throughout the process?
- Will he/she be present for all showings? Will they ensure that all lights are turned on and blinds are up?
- What kind of print, social media and online marketing will they do for your property?
- Ask him/her if they work as an individual or if they are part of team? Working with a team often provides sellers with better coverage in communication, showings, open houses, and gives access to a larger network of Buyers.
- Ask to see their Seller’s Guide, as this will give you a general overview of how the whole process works and what to expect working with him/her.
These are all questions we will answer for you when you meet with us. We want to make sure we determine your real estate goals and discuss a marketing strategy to get you there.
STEP 2: Prepare your home
Sellers always want to get the best price they can for their home. One way to ensure that you get the best price is that your home is absolutely in the best condition as possible. We recommend the following:
- The Kitchen always comes first. You’re not actually selling your home, you’re selling your kitchen – that’s how important it is. You will want to clean everything out, YES, Including the fridge, oven, dishwasher, range hood, absolutely everything!
- Lighten things up. Good lighting is one thing that every buyer cites that they want in a home. Take down the drapes, clean the windows, clean the lampshades, increase the wattage of your light bulbs and cut the bushes outside to let in sunshine. Do what you must to make your house bright and cheery.
- Half-empty closets. Storage is something every buyer is looking for and can never have enough of. Take half the stuff out of your closets then neatly organize what’s left in there. Buyers will snoop, so be sure to keep all your closets and cabinets clean and tidy. Renting a storage container can help with this.
- You might think a cuddly dog would warm the hearts of potential buyers, but you’d be wrong. Not everybody is a dog or cat-lover. Buyers don’t want to walk in your home and see a bowl full of dog food spilled everywhere, smell the kitty litter box or have tufts of pet hair stuck to their clothes. It will give buyers the impression that your house is not clean. Make sure to buy air fresheners to help with any smells that you may have gone nose blind to. Put away the pet food or at least have it nicely displayed before all showings. Maybe consider scheduling a dog walker for showings or place “Max” in Pet daycare until you get an accepted offer.
- Your house needs to be “show-ready” at all times – you never know when your buyer is going to walk through the door. You must be available whenever they want to come see the place and it has to be in tip-top shape. Don’t leave dishes in the sink, keep the dishwasher cleaned out, the bathrooms sparkling and make sure there are no dust bunnies in the corners. It’s a little inconvenient, but it will get your house sold.
- Easiest tip is to have fresh flowers in at least the main living areas, this will add a cheerful feel to the space.
We will personally walk through your home and help outline what work needs to be done prior to the listing date.
STEP 3: List
Once you have your home ready to go. It’s now time to list!
We will get your property listed early in the week and market the open houses for that very weekend! We want to ensure that we generate awareness of your home to a wide range of people. We accomplish this by advertising in our local newspaper with a half page Ad, mail post cards to all surrounding homes and buildings, post on multiple websites and create a campaign on social media. These are only some of the ways we market your home.
We will schedule professional photography and floor plans. We never use lock boxes and will be present at every showing. Our top priority is to make sure that your home selling experience is pleasant, stress free and successful. Let us guide you through it all!
Want more information? Fill out the form down below to get our detailed Seller’s Guide.